DHR relies upon volunteers for the care of horses, facility maintenance, fundraising/marketing and administrative duties. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older unless accompanied by a parent or guardian and have signed a waiver on their behalf. The parent or guardian is expected to work alongside the minor and will be responsible for their actions.
Our volunteer activities include some of the following:
- Daily chores: feeding, giving treats and love, grooming, cleaning stalls and paddocks
- Facility maintenance: fence mending, building and general maintenance
- Horse training (experienced only)
- Facebook and website maintenance
- Fundraising and marketing activities
- Office and administrative work
- Barn checks (follow-up on adopted horses)
Volunteers are an integral part of our organization and although have diverse backgrounds and experience levels, they do have one thing in common: love of the horse. At DHR, there is a job for everyone! We want our volunteers to feel welcome and work in their area of interest.
To become a volunteer, please complete the volunteer application
and return it to Dark Horse Rescue.
Together, we can build brighter futures. . . one stride at a time!